Beneficial Farms CSA Policy
In order for you to gain the most from your Beneficial Farms CSA experience, please read the following document carefully as it outlines the policies that keep our CSA working smoothly for all of our members.
In Community Supported Agriculture consumers and farmers work together on behalf of the earth and each other. The farmers tend the Earth on behalf of others; the consumers share the costs of supporting the farms and share the risk of variable harvests (and consume the abundance in fruitful years!). Your membership to Beneficial Farms CSA reflects your commitment to help grow and strengthen the local food network.
- Beneficial Farms CSA distributes year round, except for Thanksgiving week and Christmas week.
As a CSA member, I understand it is my responsibility to pick up my weekly share of food from my chosen distribution location during the designated time frame.
- If I cannot pick up my weekly share, I understand that it is my responsibility to choose one of these options:
- Arrange to “OPT-OUT” for the week by 9am Monday before the Thursday distribution via email to email@example.com. By “opting out,” my account will not be charged for the value of the weekly share. I also understand that until I receive an email confirming my request to “opt out,” the opt out process is not complete.
- Make arrangements to have someone pick up my share and check off my name on the sign-in sheet.
- Donate my share to Food Depot.
As a CSA member, I understand that if I do not pick up my share within the distribution time frame, it will be donated to Food Depot.
- Payments: Beneficial Farms CSA uses a web-based software program called Farmigo. With it, CSA members have online access to their own accounts, with the exceptions of changing email addresses or requesting opt outs.
Traditionally, members paid for their CSA memberships in full up front, which provided the much needed cash flow for the farmers to prepare plant and harvest their crops. In addition, CSA memberships have been based on a growing season basis.
Beneficial Farms CSA has embarked on an exciting new approach: the Farm Account. With a Farm Account, you can easily manage your food purchases with the CSA, including your weekly share of fresh local foods; weekly add on options such as eggs, cheese and/or ground beef as well as special orders. You decide the amount of money you want to contribute ($150 up to $2,000) and once your account reaches a certain balance, you will receive an email prompting you to recharge your Farm Account. It’s that easy! In addition, we offer automatic payment with either e-check (from your bank account) or credit card (through your PayPal account). And in recognition of the traditional CSA concept of paying as much up front as possible, which is crucial to the financial support of our farmers, we offer incentives to do so.
As a CSA member, I agree to pay my account in a timely manner and keep my membership account information up to date.
- Beneficial Farm CSA communicates with its members mainly through email, including our weekly emails that link to updates from Thomas Swendson which shares information about the food being distributed, tips for processing and handling of certain food items, farm updates, policy changes and the like. Beneficial Farms CSA does not sell or rent our email list.
As a CSA member, I understand that it is my responsibility to open and read the emails (including payment notices) so that I stay informed. I agree to have my email address receive weekly updates from the CSA team. If my email address changes, I will contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- I can cancel my membership at any time and I will notify email@example.com the event that I must do so.
As a CSA member, I understand that it is best for the CSA and its farmers if I can spend out any remaining balance once I realize that I need to cancel, and will apply my best efforts to do so. If a refund is required, I will allow up to 30 days to receive it.
I would like to be a member of Beneficial Farms CSA and have read and agree to the policies above.
Friday evening/ Saturday afternoon, Members receive weekly email with details about the produce share for the week
Monday Noon is the cut off for marketplace orders, substitutions or cancellations
Then our farmers begin harvesting your shares of the week's bounty!
Thursday Deliveries are made in Santa Fe, Eldorado and the Turquoise Trail, between 12pm – 6pm
Fridays Deliveries are made in Albuquerque